Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Give this kid a pony!!



It's been said so many times before that the beauty and purity of children's hearts and thoughts can take your breath away. That absolutely happened when I heard this story about eight-year-old Ryan.

Ryan has a twin sister named Amber. Amber loves to have fun and be silly, just like other eight-year-old girls. But Amber is also picked on at her school because of her weight. She does not do anything to antagonize it. She just goes to class. She hears the names being called and takes it. Just like most children who are bullied she holds a lot of it in.

But one day, Amber told her mother, Karen, she wished she was not around anymore. Then there would be no more name calling.

Ryan did the only thing he thought could help. When asked by his mother to write a letter to Santa with his Christmas wish list, he wrote the following:
Dear Santa,

My mom said to send you a Christmas list. I wanted a remote control car and helicopter but I do not want that anymore. Kids at school are still picking on Amber and it is not fair because she does not do anything to them and it makes me mad. I prayed they would stop, but God is busy and I need your help. Is it against the rules to give up gifts early? Can you ask Big Time Rush to come to Amber’s birthday party? It will make her so happy. If you do not get them to come that is fine, just get her everything she asked for.

Thanks Santa,

Love Ryan

PS- My mom throws the best birthday parties. You can come if you want.
Karen was so touched, she put the letter up on her Facebook page, and it has since gone viral all over the world.

I hope Amber realizes how lucky she is to have a twin brother like Ryan, and Karen knows what special children she has. But more than that, I hope that as he gets older, Ryan's heart and spirit don't change.

The world needs more people who think the way Ryan does.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this I'm reposting it now on fb. You alway find things that inspire me to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my friend. I'm inspired by the people who do these incredible things. This kid is terrific.

    ReplyDelete