Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cool cover song of the week...

With thanks to Sean, for pointing this one my way!

Michael Jackson's Billie Jean remains one of his most iconic and well-known songs. It was the second single off of Thriller, and it is one of the best-selling singles worldwide; in fact, it ranks #58 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 greatest songs of all time.

I first heard of The Civil Wars when they performed with Taylor Swift on the Grammy Awards a few years back, but I've really grown to like their music and their sound. They definitely deserve to be listened to. In this live performance, they put a unique twist on Michael Jackson's hit.



David Cook, winner of Season 7 of American Idol, knocked it out of the park with an amped-up version of Chris Cornell's acoustic cover. I remember being wowed by Cook's vocals on this far-too-short performance.



Then, of course, there's nothing quite like MJ's original. And the fact remains, the kid is not his son.



Check out my previous Cool Cover Songs of the Week:

Borderline by The Counting Crows

How Deep Is Your Love by The Bird and The Bee

Life in a Northern Town by Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Jake Owen

I Don't Want to Talk About It by The Indigo Girls

Only You by Joshua Radin

Pure Imagination by Maroon 5

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by Blake Stratton

What a Fool Believes by Neri Per Caso

Poker Face by Daughtry

Back to Black by Ronnie Spector

I Will Survive by Cake

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by The Stereophonics

Rolling in the Deep by John Legend

Go Your Own Way by Lissie

Winner Takes it All by McFly

What a Wonderful World by Joey Ramone

Careless Whisper by Seether

I Walk the Line by Live

Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and The Banshees

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm

Who Wants to Live Forever by Breaking Benjamin

Redemption Song by Chris Cornell and Audioslave

Love Me Tender by Chris Isaak and Brandi Carlile

All You Need is Love by The Flaming Lips

Lovesong by Adele

I Love It by Robin Thicke

No comments:

Post a Comment