Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cool cover song of the week...

I took a brief hiatus on posting these because I'm having iPod issues, but now I'm back. (Aren't you glad?)

If you've listened to mainstream radio lately, you probably can't escape several songs, one of them being Swedish DJ duo Icona Pop's hit I Love It. It's poppy, upbeat, infectious, and quite a perfect summer song. (Plus, it's kinda fun to pedal to in spin class, but enough about Larry's current obsessions...)

And while Robin Thicke currently has his own hot hit, Blurred Lines (with Pharrell Williams and T.I.), which many are calling one of the songs of the summer (myself included), it didn't stop him from performing a more Robin Thicke-esque version of Icona Pop's hit on a BBC show recently. While I tend to love Thicke's more upbeat songs (including Everything I Can't Have, which for some reason you can't find on YouTube), I think he turns this song into a totally different, well, joint.

So here's Robin Thicke's version of I Love It:



And here's the original from Icona Pop:



Check out my previous Cool Cover Songs of the Week:

Borderline by The Counting Crows

How Deep Is Your Love by The Bird and The Bee

Life in a Northern Town by Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Jake Owen

I Don't Want to Talk About It by The Indigo Girls

Only You by Joshua Radin

Pure Imagination by Maroon 5

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by Blake Stratton

What a Fool Believes by Neri Per Caso

Poker Face by Daughtry

Back to Black by Ronnie Spector

I Will Survive by Cake

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by The Stereophonics

Rolling in the Deep by John Legend

Go Your Own Way by Lissie

Winner Takes it All by McFly

What a Wonderful World by Joey Ramone

Careless Whisper by Seether

I Walk the Line by Live

Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and The Banshees

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm

Who Wants to Live Forever by Breaking Benjamin

Redemption Song by Chris Cornell and Audioslave

Love Me Tender by Chris Isaak and Brandi Carlile

All You Need is Love by The Flaming Lips

Lovesong by Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment