Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cool cover song of the week...

You may have noticed I'm a little, well, obsessed with the 1980s, especially the music. I don't know if it's more because that was the point in my life where music and singing were among my most passionate interests, or if the music was just better back then, although it's probably a combination of both. (Discuss.)

I love everything about the 80s classic, Life in a Northern Town by The Dream Academy—the lyrics, the (no pun intended) dreamy video, and especially the "ah hey ma ma ma ma" refrain in the chorus. (Gives me chills.)

For this week's Cool Cover Song, I'm going with an interesting, mostly faithful interpretation of Life in a Northern Town, recorded by country stars Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Jake Owen originally for the 2008 CMT Music Awards. (Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland loves her cover songs.) I really like it, and enjoy the "ah hey ma ma ma ma" part in this version as well.

Check it out. And check out my previous Cool Cover Songs here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment