Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cool cover song of the week...

As I've said many times before, I'm a huge music fan, and have more than 23,000 songs on my iPod. (It keeps playing the same 1000 or so, but it is what it is.)

While my musical tastes are tremendously eclectic, in general, I love songs to which you can sing along. Which probably explains my fondness for covers, new versions of popular songs, sometimes faithful to the original, sometimes bringing a new and wholly unexpected twist.

I have a treasure trove of covers to share with you, but I'll start with The Counting Crows' take on Borderline, one of Madonna's earliest hits. It's off their album Underwater Sunshine (Or What We Did on Our Summer Vacation), and I think it gives the song an interesting twist. So interesting, in fact, that I knew I recognized the song but couldn't figure out what it was until Adam Duritz hit the all-too-familiar chorus.

Enjoy. What are your favorite cover versions of songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment