Thursday, August 9, 2012

A little 80s and 90s pop culture time warp...

As a true child of the 80s and someone so obsessed with pop culture that the 90s were still kinda fun, I've seen a few things lately that have taken me back down memory lane.

First of all, ready to feel old? Soleil Moon Frye (aka Punky Brewster) turned 36 the other day. (Interestingly enough, I didn't realize that the differential between our ages was only seven years, as when she was on television she seemed much, much younger than me.) To celebrate her birthday, she threw herself an "80s prom" bash, with her guests decked out in their finest 80s wear.

Soleil herself sported a vintage 80s prom gown. (Ok, friends, I'm looking through all my prom pictures because I know someone wore the same dress to one of our proms...)



She had the "most epic cake ever" (her words), decorated with pictures from her favorite 80s movies, and Rubik's Cube cupcakes.



But if you ask me, the highlight of the party was the entertainment: Debbie Gibson, who performed several of her hit songs for the guests. You know you know 'em all, including Shake Your Love, Lost in Your Eyes, and Only in My Dreams. How awesome would that be?



Take note: my next birthday is 12/12/12, and I'd love Debbie Gibson to sing for me!

Moving on to the 90s, have you seen the latest Old Navy commercial, featuring some of your favorites from Beverly Hills 90210 (the original, not the remake)? No, Shannen Doherty isn't there.

Once again, Kelly has to choose: Dylan or Brandon? Such a tough decision. Peach Pit, anyone? (Donna Martin graduates!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment