Thursday, May 31, 2012

How long until Christmas? I CANNOT WAIT!!

Oh. Emm. Gee.

This apparently hit the internet in the last few days, but I just saw it this morning. By this, I mean the first official trailer for the movie adaptation of one of my favorite musicals of all time, Les Miserables, scheduled to be released on Christmas Day this year.

Starring Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert, Anne Hathaway as Fantine, Amanda Seyfried as Cosette, Eddie Redmayne as Marius, and Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter as Thenardier and his wife, the movie is directed by Academy Award-winning director Tom Hooper (The King's Speech). British actress Samantha Barks, who played Eponine in London, plays Eponine in the film, and thank goodness, as there were rumors Taylor Swift(!) was being considered for the role.

Chills, I tell you. I got chills. And you know I'm buying tickets in advance and seeing the first show on Christmas Day. Because that's what Jewish Christmas is all about anyway.

1 comment:

  1. If Anne Hathaway can pull it off, I wouldn't have minded seeing Taylor Swift give it a shot...

    Still, yes - the movie looks great.

    ReplyDelete