Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"I also believe in dance..."

Last week, I wrote about how a group called One Million Moms was calling for JC Penney to fire Ellen DeGeneres as its spokesperson because she was gay and didn't reflect the "values of the traditional JC Penney customer."

Happily, JC Penney stuck by their guns and refused to give in to the pressure of hate-filled people demanding a homogeneous world under the guise of protecting so-called traditional families.

And in a clip which will air on her show today, Ellen addressed her critics in a way that only she can. She said, "I usually don't talk about stuff like this on my show, but I really want to thank everyone who is supporting me. Here are the values I stand for. I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you'd want to be treated and helping those in need.To me, those are traditional values. That's what I stand for…I also believe in dance."

Here's the clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment