Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Impossible...

All too often I'm inspired by song lyrics. Although I've not gone so far as to think that when a particular song comes on my iPod it's a sign, thinking about a song's message definitely gets my brain going.

And so it was today, when I heard country singer Joe Nichols' song, The Impossible. It's nine years old at this point, but every time I hear it, the lyrics really make me think, especially the chorus:

Unsinkable ships sink
Unbreakable walls break
Sometimes the things you think will never happen, happen just like that
Unbendable steel bends
When the fury of the wind is unstoppable
I've learned to never underestimate
The impossible



So what this song should make me realize is that when something seems insurmountable, when I feel crushed under the weight of a crisis I think might never end, it will. Easier said than done, of course, but when I need a refresher, I just listen to the song again. Joe Nichols' voice makes the lesson a little easier to absorb. (He's not bad to look at, either.)

Take a listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment