Friday, July 30, 2010

This is a Garden of Make Believe...

Growing up as a child in New Jersey, there was a terrific kids' show on television called The Magic Garden. Starring Carole Demas (who originated the role of Sandy in Grease on Broadway and appeared in commercials for Promise margarine in the 70s) and Paula Janis, the show combined songs, stories, lessons and jokes, along with a chuckling patch of flowers (the Chuckle Patch), a pink squirrel named Sherlock and a toybox called The Storybox, from where the stories came.

I remember watching this religiously in the early 1970s; I seem to remember I might have even had a record of theirs. Anyway, just taking a trip down memory lane and this came to mind.

Here's the opening number:



And here's the goodbye song, which never failed to make me sad the show was ending:



I've said it before and I'll say it again: God bless YouTube!!

No comments:

Post a Comment