Thursday, April 29, 2010

Can I Borrow a Copy of Someone's "Gay Agenda"?

As I've said numerous times before, it's a good thing that there's nothing else wrong with the US and the world, so that conservative politicians can save all of us from the scourge of homosexuality and gay people wanting "special privileges." You know, like equal rights.

Take, for example, Eugene Delgaudio, a district supervisor in Sterling, Virginia (the town in which I work). The Washington Note writes of a recent fundraising appeal letter Delgaudio wrote in which he warns that "the Radical Homosexuals are storming through Washington demanding passage of their agenda." He refers to a "Gay Bill of Special Rights," that all of the gay-friendly congressmen and senators are trying to push on those people too tired of standing up for American families.

My favorite part, however, is when he tells of an experience he had at a suburban mailshop:

As I rounded the final turn my eyes nearly popped. Tractor-trailers pulled up to loading docks, cars and vans everywhere and long-haired, earring-pierced men scurrying around running forklifts, inserters and huge printing presses.

Trembling with worry I went inside. It was worse than I ever imagined.

Row after row of boxes bulging with pro-homosexual petitions lined the walls, stacked to the ceiling.

I guess I must have missed getting my copy of "the gay agenda" or "the Gay Bill of Special Rights." But that is what many conservative politicians and others who oppose homosexuality claim exist, that it is being passed, hand to hand, all across this country. And the minute that gay people are allowed the same rights as other tax-paying American citizens, the road to Sodom and Gomorrah will open up in front of us.

If there is a "gay agenda," I would think it would include the right to walk down the street without the threat of being jumped for no reason by hyper-violent thugs. Or the right to have a drink at a bar without being harassed by police. Or the opportunity to take the date of your choice—no matter what sex they are—to your high school prom. Or how about the right to serve your country in the military without having to keep your life a secret?

Radical agenda indeed, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment