Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!



Somewhat unbelievably, it's 2010. All too often we remark at how fast time flies, but I can honestly say it seems impossible to believe we're already at the start of a new year and a new decade (gulp). Was it really a little more than 12 months ago that so many sat riveted in front of television screens across the world or shivering in the cold to watch Barack Obama become the 43rd President of the US?

For me, 2009 was a year of sharp contrasts, one of extreme highs and some devastating lows. The most recent high was the accomplishment of completing my first half-marathon (not to mention two other 5K races), with the lowest of the low coming last week with our dog Zeke's death.

As I look toward this new decade, I'm hopeful about what is to come. While I'm not really one for resolutions, I do resolve to try and take more control over my life rather than sit back and watch it unfold (and then lament about what has happened). I do plan to continue my quest to keep fit, and perhaps run another half-marathon or two if my 40-year-old body will allow it.

While the course of 2010 may be uncertain, I do wish for the continued health and happiness of my friends and family, who provide me unending support, love and material to write about. May the coming year provide the fulfillment of wishes, the enlargement of smiles and the dreaming of big dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment